Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sulfate-Free Shampoo

So I have been doing a lot of research lately on hair products, generally because I have fine, thin hair and I'm always looking for an instant boost of health.  I've really tried everything, the volume shampoos, the expensive hair condition treatments, shampooing every other day, and even clip in extensions.  Of course, we all want long luscious Jessica Rabbit  (granted she's a cartoon) hair but sometimes it's just not in the cards for some of us-thanks mom! 

I am always wary of hair products, skin products, even vitamins and food these days.  It seems like everything is a carcinogen and seeping deep into our cells wreaking havoc.  Through some research I found that Sulfate, which is ofund in 95% of shampoos is causing hair to be dry, brittle and even fall out! Sulfates in hair products are cheap to use and it gives the hair the lather effect while washing and the super clean feeling afterwards.  Who knew that the "clean" feeling is actually causing harm to our hair and scalp!  This chemical is stripping the hair of natural oils, causing them to overproduce much faster than normal which explains why my hair gets greasy after 1 day of not washing. 

My next venture was where do I find this gold in a bottle that DOESN'T contain sulfates.  After a quick Google search, I found my new daily shampoo - L'Oreal Everstrong shampoo and conditioner which is Sulfate-Free and says it right on the label!  After the first time I used it, I noticed my hait was clean but not dry and wasn't falling out as much in the shower.  Could this be the secret to long, thick hair?? Only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. sulfate-free shampoo!!!! when are the pictures from Italy coming out?!

    ReplyDelete