Thursday, January 6, 2011

True Food Kitchen~Newport Beach, CA

I ventured out to Fashion Island the other night and spotted a restaurant that I had to try.  True Food Kitchen. Their food philosophy is:

"At True Food Kitchen, we celebrate simplicity. We practice sustainability. We believe that simple, fresh, pure ingredients create the most memorable and satisfying meals. And while our healthy menu is packed with nutritious, good-for-you vegetables, whole grain and proteins, we never sacrifice flavor. You may not notice the difference. But it’s there."  -website

Their menu is based on Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflammatory food pyramid. Chronic inflammation is the cause of many serious illnesses, and by counteracting that with the correct foods, you can lower your risk. Below is his food pyramid.  Looks a lot different than the one we are used to.

The atmosphere was amazing.  Fire pits on the patio, friendly waiters, and the yummy scent of citrus coming from the beverage bar!  I had the Hangover Rx which was cucumber, coconut and mango. YUM!



I also ordered the Vegetable Crudites appetizer which was a giant bowl full of veggies from radishes to purple carrots! I think my body thanked me. :) They have everything for the vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and, of course, PALEO! I definitely suggest trying this place out if you are ever in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment