Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolutions!

You know that New Years Eve jingle that we always hear but never really know the lyrics to? Well its called Auld Lang Syne and it's a Scots poem written by Robert Burns (Thanks Wikipedia).  "Should old acquaintences be forgot, and never brought to mind?" The translation is very strange but in a way makes sense to sing at the start of a New Year.  Out with the old, in with the new.  I see it as the idea of "cleansing" the last year and building new relationships and friendships in the year to come.

My New Years resolution is to continue the Paleo diet and try to cut out ALCOHOL. Ok, not completely but definitely tone it down a bit.  I have multiple reasons for this: hangovers suck, too many extra calories, long term affects, memory loss, alcoholism runs in my family, oh the list goes on. Let's see how long I last. The irony of bringing in the New Year generally involves having a drink in-hand.  In order to go skiing the next day, that means I need to put the drink down and walk away. :)

Here is a list of the top ten most common New Years Eve Resolutions according to about.com. Did yours make the list??

1. Spend more time with friends or family. 
2. Make fitness a priority
3. Lose weight
4. Quit smoking
5. Enjoy life more
6. Get out of debt
7. Learn something new
8. Help others
9. Get organized
10. Quit drinking   (Bingo!)

Starting Paleo and/or Crossfit can easily knock off 4-5 off that list.  Let me know when you're ready to start!

Happy New Years everyone! Hopefully I will be skiing (I know, old school) in Mammoth while I ring in the New Year and learning to put my drink down when I've had too much. ;) Cheers!


Mammoth Mountain Runs

No comments:

Post a Comment